Erie Niagara AHEC and the University at Buffalo School of Public Health and Health Professions host an annual summer camp to expose high school students to important public health topics and careers. The free, week-long camp offers students the opportunity to learn about topics such as:
- Social Determinants of Health
- Intersection of Public Health & Medicine
- Lead prevention and detection
- Opioid Addiction
- STI Disease Outbreaks
- Building accessibility
- Exercise Science
- And more!
Erie Niagara AHEC is excited to announce the Public Health Pathways Academy, a free, six-week program for current high school sophomores and juniors! This program will introduce students to public health and healthcare careers, provide college preparatory resources, and connect participants to current UB students and faculty. Select students will receive college credit for completing the program.
To participate students must be:
- Currently in grade 10 or 11.
- Submit an application here.
- Preference given to students residing in zip codes 14215, 14211, and 14206.