Erie Niagara AHEC COVID 19 Response
Amid the uncertainty and concern surrounding the novel Coronavirus, Erie Niagara AHEC has made the decision to cancel the 2020 Public Health Summer Camp. Current applicants have been notified by email. Erie Niagara AHEC staff is working behind the scenes to create new opportunities for students to learn about public health when it is safe to do so. We encourage you to reach out with any questions or concerns and also take care of yourself!
Erie Niagara AHEC and the University at Buffalo School of Public Health and Health Professions host an annual summer camp to expose high school students to important public health topics and careers. The free, week-long camp offers students the opportunity to learn about topics such as:
- Social Determinants of Health
- Intersection of Public Health & Medicine
- Lead prevention and detection
- Opioid Addiction
- STI Disease Outbreaks
- Building accessibility
- Exercise Science
- And more!
We are excited about the 2020 Public Health Summer Camp and are currently accepting applications! Applications and all supporting documents are due by May 1, 2020 for consideration.
To participate students must be:
- Entering 10, 11 or 12 grade.
- Submit an application, including your most recent report card recommendation from a school counselor or teacher.
- This program is free to students residing in Erie and Niagara Counties. The cost for students living outside these counties is $100.