Opioid Expansion Project
The New York State Area Health Education Center (AHEC) System received funding from The Human Resources and Services Administration (HRSA), in order to expand training related to opioid diagnosis, use, treatment and prevention for current health professionals, future practitioners, and the general population, in order to combat the opioid crisis in New York State.
- Health Professional Continuing Education
- High School & College Student Awareness
- Community Engagement & Outreach
For more information, contact Erie Niagara AHEC today!
Project TEACH (Training and Education for the Advancement of Children’s Health) was established to strengthen and support the ability of New York’s pediatric primary care providers (PCPs) to deliver care to children and families who experience mild-to-moderate mental health concerns.
Erie Niagara AHEC and the New York State AHEC are pleased to partner with Project TEACH to promote mental wellness resources to ensure that all children and families lead the best lives possible.
Project TEACH Provides Pediatric Primary Care Providers with:
- Telephone consultations for mild-to-moderate mental health concerns
- Direct face-to-face consultations for your patients
- CME-certified training on how to assess, treat and manage mental health concerns
- Referrals to mental health professionals and community resources across the state
- Linkage to key resources that your patients and their families need in their communities
All New York State Primary Care Physicians are eligible to receive Project TEACH services at NO COST, including pediatricians, family physicians, nurse practitioners, adult psychiatrists treating children, and other prescribers.
Find Project TEACH’s Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/ProjectTEACHNY/
For any questions or more information, please email Project TEACH at firstname.lastname@example.org