Providing students awareness and knowledge about health careers
To help lead the transformation of health care education and services
Welcome to Erie Niagara Area Health Education Center, Inc.
Erie Niagara Area Health Care Education Center (ENAHEC), is a workforce development initiative which is part of the New York State Area Health Education Center System. ENAHEC was formed in September 2003 to serve Erie and Niagara counties and is dedicated to creating a well informed and diverse health care workforce. The focus of ENAHEC is to address the health care needs of the community by connecting students, academic institutions, health care facilities and current healthcare professionals to the communities in need. Through partnerships and collaborations with various agencies, ENAHEC facilitates programs for high school, college and graduate school students, as well as provide continuing education for healthcare professionals.
University at Buffalo School of Public Health and Health Professions and Erie Niagara Area Health Education Center
2017 Public Health Summer Camp
Interested in learning about public health and careers in this growing field? Students going into 11th grade and 12th grade can apply to participate in a free, week-long public health exposure camp from August 14-August 18, 2017 Students will have the opportunity to:
- Tour the University at Buffalo campuses.
- Students will meet with UB admission staff, UB financial aid officers, and Say Yes Buffalo representatives.
- Learn about important public health topics such as the Zika virus, lead prevention, air quality, and Opioid addiction.
- Meet professionals working in public health and health profession careers.
- To work in groups on developing health promotion materials.
For more information about the summer camp and for the 2017 camp application call:
Erie Niagara Area Health Education Center (716) 835-9358